GUIDANCE FOR EMPLOYERS DURING COVID 19 OUTBREAK.
The COVID 19 outbreak will present significant challenges for all employers including the college.
The following guidance is for employers who employ apprentices within their business who receive all or some of their off the job training and work place assessment from Tyne Coast College. Click here.
Please use the following contact list to access any support and guidance you might need regarding your apprentice and their training during this period. Click here.
RESKILL. UPSKILL. NEW SKILL.
We understand that business is constantly changing. Whether its employing new staff with new skills to support business growth; upskilling or reskilling to combat an ageing workforce or a skills gap or, to simply support and develop your employees – there is no doubt that investment in people and processes is critical for businesses to capitalise on all opportunities.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our business engagement experts can work with you to analyse your business and workforce needs as well as current and future plans in order to develop a bespoke training solution to give you that competitive edge, future proof your workforce and adopt the best workplace practices.
In the last two years we have been nationally awarded College of the Year, Overall FE Provider of the Year (TES Awards 2017) and Student Experience of the Year (Educate North). Our Chief Executive, Dr Lindsey Whiterod CBE, has also been named Leader of the Year amongst Further Education and Higher Education peers as well as being one of just seven national leaders for education working with colleges across the UK. We know what it takes to be at the top, why not talk to us about how we can support you?
WHAT WE OFFER.
We offer Apprenticeships in lots of sectors and at various levels including:
An intermediate Apprenticeship is equivalent to a level 2 qualification and the training programme normally lasts between 12 and 18 months
An advanced Apprenticeship develops the learner’s skills at level 3. The training programme can last between 12 and 42 months depending on the industry sector being undertaken
Higher Level Apprenticeships develop skills at level 4 or 5 and in some cases contains a knowledge based qualification such as a HNC or Foundation Degree these may take up to 24 months to complete.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 82% of employers take on apprentices to build the skills capacity within their businesses.
- 75% of apprentice employers say the programme has helped cut recruitment costs. 80% say that apprenticeships will play a bigger part in their future recruitment policy
- 88% of apprentice employers believe they lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce, leading to greater loyalty and quality.
- 81% of consumers favour companies that employ apprentices
- 80% of employers feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover.
- 81% of apprentice employers say they make their businesses more productive. The average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week.
If you’re interested in employing an apprentice or want more information about our bespoke training programmes for your current staff, please contact our apprenticeship and business development team on:
Tel: 0191 427 3696
FIND OUT MORE
Want to find out more? Attend one of our open events.
Events at South Tyneside College
Events at Tyne Metropolitan College